Friday, July 31, 2009

I need to find specs on a 12" C-4 sub that came out of a triple woofer bandpass box?

The magnet says C-4 600w california-USA. I've tried to look this up on the net, but found nothing. This box sounds like crap, no low end response. Thats why I need some T/S parameters so I can throw a kick A box together. These have a silver cone that looks like it has screws in it, but it does'nt. The box is well constructed but odviously not designed for the speakers, I have 8" subs that hit lower!

I need to find specs on a 12" C-4 sub that came out of a triple woofer bandpass box?
Since you have no contact info, I have no other choice.





In reference to:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...





If you hook + to+ and - to- that is called a PARALLEL connection resulting in: Two 4ohm coil= 2ohms resistance. Two 2ohm coils=1ohms .





If you hook the + wire to one coils + and the - wire to the other coils - and run a wire from the first coils - to the second coils + you have a DEAD SHORT!!!!





Just remember NOBODY makes a subwoofer that would'nt be damaged by hooking up only one coil. Each coil in a sub, represents a portion of the total power, for example, a dual coil 400 watt sub is actually 200 watts per coil, so subject ANY 200 watt coil with 400 watts and guess what...SMOKE!!!!








Please correct your mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment