Friday, July 31, 2009

How can I find out if my Mac OS X computer has a C++ compiler already included?

I was told that Macs already come with a C++ compiler included, however, I'm not so sure how and where to look for it. Can anybody tell me how to find it? My Mac is version 10.4.7

How can I find out if my Mac OS X computer has a C++ compiler already included?
Your Mac probably does not come with the compiler installed, though it should come with an XCode installer on the CD/DVD, which will give you a compiler (GCC). In the event your system does already have the (GCC) compiler installed, you can verify such by going to Terminal and typing 'cc', 'gcc' or 'g++'. If any of these binaries already exist, the system should find one somewhere among your path.





Hoping everything works out as it should.


No comments:

Post a Comment